Q: What to bring?
Q: Can we bring our own firewood?
Q: Are the grills charcoal?
Q: Is there a grocery store nearby?
Q: Is there Wi-Fi available?
Q: Can you swim in the ponds?
Q: What time is check in?
Q: How far are the cabins from Castle Rock Lake?
Q: Is there room to park a boat trailer?
If you think of anything else, feel free to call, e-mail or text us! (608) 406-1082
• Point Bluff Resort: Rent a canoe, kayak or tube and enjoy the Wisconsin River. Good dogs are welcome in canoes at Point Bluff.
• Castle Rock Lake: Rent a pontoon or fish from the dam. Rent boats nearby – the Dirty Turtle or Castle Rock Water Sports.
• Buckhorn State Park has swim beaches, hiking trails (a couple dog friendly) and boat launches. Rent canoes and double kayaks at the ranger station and take the self-guided canoe trail from the park.
• Castle Rock Golf Course is right down the road. They have reasonable green fees and a Friday Fish Fry.
• Shipwreck Bay is a bar/restaurant on the shore of Castle Rock Lake. During the summer they have bands on the deck on Saturdays and you can rent boats right next door. They have the best shrimp and Bloody Mary's in town.
• Pine Cove: is another lake restaurant. During the summer months, they welcome dogs on the outside deck and they have a fun lineup of mason jar drinks. Adorable lakeside atmosphere and you can pull right up to the place in your boat.
• Big Sky Drive-In Theatre, just outside the Dells, has two outdoor screens and shows a double feature during the summer months. This theater is pet friendly, so you can bring the whole family.
• The Dells, besides waterparks there are magic shows, a comedy club, movie theaters, a zoo, Ripley's Believe It or Not, and all kinds of fun arcades and a new ice palace in the winter. A good restaurant to try is the High Rock Café, downtown Dells.
• Go antique hunting! Two of our favorite places are the Red Hen Antique in Necedah and The Antique and Craft Mall, outside the Dells. Other good shopping has to include the Red Geranium, Copper Rose, the Tomah primitive and country arts and crafts shops and The Outlets in the Dells, all easy to find.
Depending on the time of year you visit, here are a few of our favorite things to do:
• Red Ridge Ranch: Sleigh rides, trail rides and hay rides. Open year-round with fall festivities and winter fun.
• Carr Valley Cheese Factory: Taste samples of Wisconsin's FINEST in the chalet style factory store. Mmm...cranberry white cheddar, black truffle goat cheese, and cheddar fudge.
• Burr Oak Winery: Taste award winning local wine in a remodeled barn with a beautiful courtyard and spectacular sunset view.
• Fawn Creek Winery: Fun tastings, gourmet food items, unique gift shop, seasonal music on the deck, and a Frisbee disc course in the woods. Try their wine slushies.
•Elroy Sparta Trail: One of the first rails-to-trails projects in WI. The old train tunnels are a fun! Stop in LeValle for ice cream and browse an antique shop along the long the way.
• Necedah National Wildlife Refuge: Stellar bird watching, dog friendly hiking, snowshoeing and new visitor center. Well known for their work with Whooping Crane rehabilitation as well as reintroductions of butterflies and many other species. Check out a "Let’s Go Outside" activity backpacks for kids, full of naturalist tools for exploring the outdoors. Or try one of the seasons scavenger hunts.
• Rent Snowshoes: Little Pond Lodge has snowshoes for rent $10/pair/day. We also have kid snow stompers available, with dinosaur tracks on the bottoms. There are acres behind the cabins to explore, or head to the refuge for a full day of outdoor activity.
• Geocaching: Lots of hiking opportunities, and several geocaching sites in our area! Fun for the entire family.
• Before you head home, stop at the car wash in Mauston, and get your pup cleaned up in the doggy wash booth. Let your dog play hard and get dirty while you’re on your getaway – there’s plenty of time to air out on the drive back home.
Who loves your dog as much as you?
That'd be us!
Our vacation rentals are as pet friendly as they can be. If your dog could talk, he'd be begging for a trip to Little Pond Lodge.
Don't bring your pup somewhere he's just allowed - take him where dogs are welcome!
Your own little vacation spot
Little Pond Lodge cabins each have their own yard, secluded fire pit gathering area and charcoal grill. If you want to vacation with another group, you can request neighboring cabins.
The vacation rentals at Little Pond Lodge are not your run-of-the-mill cabins. We strive to make the unique property and rentals a beautiful backdrop for your special memories.
Most of the artwork and decor has been found locally or hand-made for each rental. The outdoor grounds change with the seasons, but there is always something fun to see.
We promise you will not find anything like this anywhere else. If you are looking for the place that supports living in the moment, plan a trip to Little Pond Lodge.
We believe in combining family and business. In fact, when you visit, you'll likely be greeted by Meredith, two tow-headed little boys and/or our old spoiled dog.
We want you to feel like our personal guest, with the privacy of a do-it-yourself vacation.